Chandigarh/Haryana – In a major breakthrough, the Special Task Force (STF) of Haryana Police has apprehended Raju Basaudi, a notorious criminal with links to the interstate criminal gang operated by Lawrence Bishnoi.
While giving this information here today, a spokesman of Haryana Police said that Raju Basaudi is wanted by the police in Haryana, Rajastan, Punjab, Chandigarh and Delhi. Haryana Police had announced a reward of Rs 2.5 lakh for information leading to his arrest. (Rs 1 lakh by Sonipat Police, Rs 1 lakh by Jhajjar Police and Rs 50000 by Rohtak Police).
A Look Out Circular for the above accused was issued on the request of STF Haryana police recently to nab the hardcore criminal. He was arrested from the IGI Airport by STF after it was alerted by Immigration officials.
The gangster, a resident of Basaudi village in Sonipat district had emerged as a major challenge for the police of Haryana and it’s neighbouring states and he was wanted in many cases of Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan and Punjab.
He is closely associated with dreaded gangsters like Lawrence Bishnoi, Sampat Nehra, Anil Chippi, Akshay Palra, and Naresh Sethi who are lodged in different jails. His close associate Sandeep alias Kala of Jatheri has recently escaped from police custody a few days back in Faridabad.
The accused runs an extortion gang that had created terror in the area. He had given extortion calls to a number of persons in Haryana, Chandigarh, Punjab and Delhi. The gang is responsible for a number of sensational crimes in the area. More than two dozen cases have been registered against Raju Basaudi. He is involved in 13 cases of murder, 3 cases of attempt to murder and around a dozen cases of robbery and dacoity. His gang used social media platforms, especially Facebook to intimidate their targets or claim their role in different crimes or to give false moral and ideological colours to their gruesome murders. The gang recently carried out broad daylight murders of their rivals at Malot, Punjab and at Manimajra, Chandigarh.
The arrest of Raju Basaudi is being seen as a big success on the part of STF. He shall be produced before a Court for obtaining his police remand for his sustained custodial interrogation that is likely to give leads about in the where-abouts of his associate Kala Jatheri and also help in solving many more criminal cases of the area.
Criminal Record of Raj Kumar @ Raju of Bisodhi, Police Station Rai, District Sonipat-
1. FIR no. 108 u/s 148,149,302,506 IPC dtd 27.04.10 PS RAI SONIPAT
2. FIR no. 181 u/s 392, 34 IPC dtd 25.07.11 PS RAI SONIPAT
3. FIR no. 174 u/s 392,34 IPC dtd 15.07.11 PS RAI SONIPAT
4. FIR no. 144 u/s 392, 397 IPC dtd 22.04.11 PS KUNDLI SONIPAT
5. FIR no .153 u/s 392, 397 IPC dtd 09.05.11 PS KUNDLI SONIPAT
6. FIR no. 520 u/s 356, 379, 411, 34 IPC dtd 30.09.04 PS SAMAYPUR BADLI DELHI
7. FIR no. 53 u/s 392, 397, 34 IPC dtd 29.02.12 PS BEGAMPUR DELHI
8. FIR no. 53 u/s 186, 356,307,411,482,34 IPC 2012 PS SOUTH ROHINI DELHI
9. FIR no. 453 u/s 148,149, 302 IPC & Arms Act dtd 13.12.11 PS SAMPLA ROHTAK
10. FIR no. 107 u/s 174A IPC dtd 10.04.12 PS RAI SONIPAT
11. FIR no. 26 u/s 302, 34 IPC & Arms Act dtd 27.02.12 PS JULANA JIND
12. FIR no. 113 u/s 398 IPC & Arms Act dtd 10.03.12 PS BAHADURGARH JHAJJAR
13. FIR no. 165 u/s 148, 149, 302, 307, 395, 396, 397, 186, 332, 353, 120B IPC &25-54-59 Arms Act dtd 10.03.12 PS JHAJJAR JHAJJAR
14. FIR no. 376 u/s 174A IPC 20.10.12 PS SAMPLA ROHTAK
15. FIR no. 37 u/s 392, 397 IPC dtd 03.02.12 PS SADAR GURGAON GURGAON
16. FIR no. 589 u/s 307,34 IPC & Arms Act dtd 16.12.17 PS RAI SONIPAT
17. FIR no. 603 u/s 302 IPC & Arms Act dtd 13.11.17 PS KHARKHODHA SONIPAT
18. FIR no. 454 u/s 302,34 IPC & Arms Act dtd 23.11.17 PS KUNDLI SONIPAT
19. FIR no. 64 u/s 387 IPC dtd 01.02.18 PS RAI SONIPAT
20. FIR no. 167 u/s 302,120B, 34 IPC & Arms Act dtd 12.04.18 PS RAI SONIPAT
21. FIR no. 08 u/s 186, 353, 307 IPC & Arms Act dtd 11.01.18 PS SADAR GOHANA SONIPAT
22. FIR no. 193 u/s 387, 506 IPC dtd 04.05.18 PS KUNDLI SONIPAT
23 FIR no. 216 u/s 148,149, 302, 120B IPC & Arms Act dtd 27.04.18 PS SAMPLA ROHTAK
24. FIR no. 89 u/s 302, 120B IPC & 25/54/59 Arms Act dtd 09.03.19 PS KUNDLI SONIPAT
25. FIR no. 105 u/s 195A, 506 IPC dtd 24.03.19 PS KUNDLI SONIPAT
26. FIR no. 119 u/s 148, 149, 302, 506, 120B IPC & Arms Act dtd 14.03.19 PS RAI SONIPAT
27. FIR no. 99 u/s 302, 34, 120B IPC & A. ACT dtd 10.03.19 PS CITY JHAJJAR JHAJJAR
28. FIR no. 247 u/s 302, 307, 120B IPC 25, 27, 59 Arms Act 2.10.2019 PS SECTOR-34
29. FIR no. 250 u/s 302, 307, 34 IPC & 25, 27, 59 Arms Act dtd 03.12.19 PS CITY MALOUT SHRI MUKTSAR SAHIB